martes, 27 de octubre de 2009

THE CATRINA by Mauricio López Moctezuma




By Mauricio López Moctezuma
Translated by Laura Alejandra López Alvarado

The Centro Cultural Lizardi of Zihuatanejo, Guerrero, where I am giving a  of lessons of Shaped in Mud, requested me a special piece for the Altar of Dead that it will put this year on the occasion of the celebration by Day of Dead (November 2th) and I thought that The Catrina, work of the teacher José Guadalupe Posada, engraver Mexican (1852-1913), is a symbol that expresses with great clarity the cultural idiosyncrasy of the Mexican with regard to the death, then inspired by the bust of this famous catrina that he engraved, I worked a piece in mud, that now I present them and that it took an average to me from 84 to 90 hours deferred in approximately four weeks. Call to her with the name of The Catrina of the Rose and I wait could enjoy it so much like I.




I want to show some photos of the process of elaboration of this piece that that it was a complicated sculpture, with multiple details and a challenge in the personal thing for the size since it measures  approximately 97 centimeters of height per 45 centimeters of width and must weigh an average of 40 kilos already dry and baked. These challenges, in the personal thing, it is exactly what more I enjoy since it implies the exploration of new technologies and skills to obtain the results that I want.


If you wants to know more of Mauricio Lopez Moctezuma's work, visit please my blog: http://arteenbarro.blogspot.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario